crowd: unable to login after migrating to new server

Lokesh Pathak January 19, 2018

We are in the process of migrating crowd to another server instance and as part of the migration process we backup crowd app and db, installed crowd on new server then replaced contents of data directory from previous install from the backup (note we are also upgrading versions from 2.12.x to 3.1.1) and also restored from mysql db dump.

We bring up the app and it comes up but when you enter the username and password of the crowdadmin account and click "Log in" button. The page just refreshes (without actually logging the user in) and nothing really happens. The weird thing is there are no ERRORS in the atlassian-crowd.log. Its not logging the login attempt at all. 

This issue is causing our migration process to be in a limbo. Please help!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lokesh Pathak January 24, 2018

I was able to resolve this issue by following the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/logging-in-to-crowd-keeps-failing-and-gets-redirected-back-to-the-login-page-296096569.html 

Hope this helps others facing same problem.

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Thank you for posting this answer back!

I am glad that you were able to resolve this issue!

0 votes
Abyakta Lenka February 7, 2018

I have also facing the same issue . is there any solution to this issue . i am in crowd version 2.12

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018
0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2018

Hi @Lokesh Pathak

Without logs or HAR file from the browser it might be hard to resolve this issue. However, you've mentioned that you are migrating to another server and after starting up Crowd, when you navigate to login screen when you provide credentials, there is  no error but after page reload you are still on the login screen. This may mean that there is a problem with your session cookie. As you migrated the server, there is a chance that previously your server was in a subdomain of the domain you are currently running Crowd. You might still have some cookies from the time you logged in to previous instance of Crowd.

That being said, I would suggest to clear all the cookies before you try to log in to the new, migrated, Crowd instance.

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa

Lokesh Pathak January 22, 2018

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your response. I have tried incognito mode (which obviously doesn't stores any cookies) and still unable to login. Do I need to make any changes to any file on the file system to remove the cookies (I hope not)?

As I said earlier log file has no errors and hence doesn't helps in debugging this problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events