crowd openid connect

Ulrich Köster July 23, 2014

Is support for "openid connect" planned in an upcoming release of crowd?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2014

Hello Ulrich, at the present time we do have support OpenID 2.0 a new request for OpenID Connect has been filed under our bug tracker with the key CWD-3995.

For more information on implementation of new features for Atlassian products, you can review this document.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2014

More specifically, we would like to add support for OpenID Connect at some point in the future, but it's not on our roadmap at the moment. (I'm a Crowd developer.)

destan June 13, 2016

any progress on this? @Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian] @Caspar Krieger ?

Like Gaurav likes this
1 vote
Gaurav
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

It's on our current roadmap, can't share any timeline, but there will be an update very soon.

Evan Underwood-Harley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

@Gaurav - Any update on this?

Like Philip Lewis likes this
Philip Lewis November 5, 2020

@Gaurav I'd like to connect Grafana to crowd. It feels like I should be able to do it with crowdid but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to plug the crowdid openid single endpoint /openidserver/op into the grafana generic_oauth plugin ( I'm no expert) but I'm starting to think it is not possible. My only lifeline is if crowd supported openid connect as I think this format would fit in the grafana generic oauth config. Is there any update on when it might be arriving? Even if it it is never going to arrive it would be good to know so I can start planning what I do next ?

1 vote
chrystele renou November 29, 2016

Atlassian should really urge to add support for OpenID Connect to Crowd roadmap, or customers will consider moving to authentication as a service solutions such as AuthO or Stormpath.

Gaurav
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

It's on our roadmap, can't share any timeline, but there will be an update soon.

1 vote
Michael Hess August 24, 2016

That issue can't be viewed.  @Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]

1 vote
David Pratt August 17, 2016

We'd be very interested in this as well - we are heavy internal users of Kubernetes, which has recently added support for OpenID Connect for authentication and authorization.

0 votes
Dominique K. October 20, 2021

Hi,

Can you give a link to a documentation of crowdID ? how to use that to authenticate User from WebApp ? 

Thank you In advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events