Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crowd installation error - [net.sf.ehcache.Cache] Unable to set localhost.

Niharika Shrivastava October 28, 2014

I am trying to install crowd on ubuntu server.I am unable to proceed with the installation. I get the following error in Catalina.out 

2014-10-29 11:09:50,292 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [net.sf.ehcache.Cache] Unable to set localhost. This prevents creation of a GUID. Cause was: ubuntu: ubuntu: Name or service not known
java.net.UnknownHostException: ubuntu: ubuntu: Name or service not known
at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.<clinit>(Cache.java:214)
at net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationHelper.createCache(ConfigurationHelper.java:296)
at net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationHelper.createDefaultCache(ConfigurationHelper.java:219)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.configure(CacheManager.java:762)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.doInit(CacheManager.java:463)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:392)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:352)
at org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFactoryBe

Do I need to do any modification in any particular file to proceed further?

1 answer

1 vote
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2014

Hi there,

I would like to suggest you to raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com together with your crowdInstallationDirectory/logs and crowdHomeDirectory/logs these two logs folder so that we could review those logs file, it will help us to narrow down the search.

Thank you.

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Niharika Shrivastava October 31, 2014

Installation is still not resolved. Can we install crowd using installer? If yes why its not listed on crowd download page? And where do I get the installer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events