Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crowd change password

Lutz Faber September 29, 2014

is it possible to change the password in crowd for more than one application at one time?

3 answers

0 votes

hello Eduardo and Caspar, I'm sorry, that I didn't wrote in the correct terms of crowd. What I seaarch is the possibility to change the password of one user in different directories at the same time. The user should change his password at one place, and the system changes the passwort in all directories, where the user is. Best regards, Lutz

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2014

In case you meant change a user's password for more than 1 application, then that depends on how you have your applications configured. If two or more applications are configured to use the same directory in Crowd, then resetting a user's password for a particular directory will take effect for all applications which are configured to use that directory.

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2014

Hello Lutz,

I'm afraid that's not a possible action to perform through the UI.

Although it is possible to change passwords directly on the database (cwd_application table), you'd need to have the hash value for the new password.

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann
Atlassian Support

hello Eduardo,

do You mean that is possible for edirectory, active diectory and ldap behind oracle ocs?

best regards,

Lutz Faber

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2014

Lutz,

I'm not sure I got what you mean. My answer was related to the Applications on Crowd, not to Directories.

However, it's not possible to perform bulk updates on Crowd, so you'd need to change the password for each Application/Directory you want to change, or run the update directly on the Crowd's database using queries.

I hope it helps!

Eduardo Mallmann

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2014

@Lutz Faber with your clarifying comment, this is the correct answer; it's not possible to do what you're asking via Crowd's UI at the moment. It would be tricky to do this, because each directory can enforce its own password requirements, and if the password change were to succeed in one LDAP directory but fail in another one, we would have no way to roll back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events