Did you mean: 

crowd application links HTTP Status 500 Internal Server Error

acegame December 18, 2019

bitbucket 6.2.0
confluence 7.1.1
jira 8.6.0
crowd 3.7.0
Is in use.

Clicking the applicaion link in the crowd is generating a 500 Internal Server error.

What should I check to solve this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hi @acegame 

I am not sure what's the error as I do not see your logs, but perhaps you are running into https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-5504 issue? There are some workarounds described on the ticket.

Let me know if that helps

Marcin Kempa

acegame December 19, 2019

I looked at it, but it seems to be a different problem than my case.

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Message org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getOrphanedTrustCertificates' in class com.atlassian.applinks.ui.velocity.ListApplicationLinksContext threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com/atlassian/applinks/ui/admin/common_header.vm[line 7, column 20]

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

com.atlassian.templaterenderer.RenderingException: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getOrphanedTrustCertificates' in class com.atlassian.applinks.ui.velocity.ListApplicationLinksContext threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com/atlassian/applinks/ui/admin/common_header.vm[line 7, column 20]
com.atlassian.templaterenderer.velocity.one.six.internal.VelocityTemplateRendererImpl.render(VelocityTemplateRendererImpl.java:98)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:197)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.web.filter.NodeInformationFilter.doFilterInternal(NodeInformationFilter.java:37)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:347)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:263)
com.atlassian.crowd.console.filter.CrowdDelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(CrowdDelegatingFilterProxy.java:36)
com.atlassian.crowd.webapp.filter.CrowdSecurityHeadersFilter.doFilter(CrowdSecurityHeadersFilter.java:38)
com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.web.filter.HttpRequestLoggingFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestLoggingFilter.java:30)
com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.web.filter.HttpContextFilter.doFilter(HttpContextFilter.java:30)

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.
Apache Tomcat/8.5.42
Kyle Rosier February 18, 2020

I'm seeing the same behavior using Crowd 3.7.0

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getOrphanedTrustCertificates' in class com.atlassian.applinks.ui.velocity.ListApplicationLinksContext threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com/atlassian/applinks/ui/admin/common_header.vm[line 7, column 20

Like Karina Green likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events