Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find start_crowd.sh

Kerstin Drexler July 12, 2016

Hello,

I have now installed , or am trying to install crowd as the authentication  server for JIRA, CONFLUENCE, BAMBOO, GIT, SVN and FISHEYE. 

i have not come very far and i have the problem that the zip file i downloaded and extracted does not have the 

start_crowd.sh which i have to start according to the cowd 101 howto.

my steps where as following:

I installed

-JIRA (own server / own DB)

-CONFLUENCE (own server / own DB)

-FISHEYE and SVN (own server)

now i am on to crowd:

downloaded:

atlassian-crowd-2.9.1-war.zip and atlassian-crowd-openid-2.9.1-war.zip because i was not 100% sure what i should use.

copied everything to my DEBIAN 8 server under /opt

unzipped  everything, moved it to it^s CROWD_INSTALL directory /opt/atlassian/crowd_2.9.1/

put the information into   /opt/atlassian/crowd_2.9.1/WEB-INF/classes/crowd-init.properties

crowd.home=/home/crowd-home

• i am not sure if i will be needing the Database here ( seeing that i want every authentication (except for the crowd administrator) to come from an Active Directory - LDAP)

so i thought i would just start the crowd server and see what i can configure online.

But i am not able to find this start_crowd.sh  anywhere not with locate, find or anything.

I have downloaded the source now 3 times and unzipped it.

am I missing out in something here ?

Hope someone can help me out here.

Regards

Kim

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

The WAR download you've got is for deploying Crowd into a container application - it won't run on its own.  if you don't want to have to worry about containers, get the "standalone" download instead - it includes the container application (tomcat) and is preconfigured for it.

0 votes
Kerstin Drexler July 13, 2016

HI again.

Thank you so very much, that was exactly the problem !!

reinstalled and reconfigure and now every thing is working smile thank you again

regards

kim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events