Wrong reset password URL after Migration

Deleted user August 31, 2017

Hi,

we've migrated our Atlassian Tools some days ago to another server. When In Crowd: when I click on reset password, I get the email with the reset link. But the link still points to the old server.

How can I change this in Crowd (Server)?

Kind regards

Andreas

2 answers

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Andreas,

Looks like you need to update your Crowd base url. 

For Crowd 3.0.0 or newer, you can do that in the admin menu, under General options.

For older verisons of Crowd you'll want to update the crowd.properties file, in your Crowd home directory. Please see this article for details on which settings to change.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

I understand you changed servers and the reset password URL that is emailed points to the old server.

You may edit the mail template at <Crowd_URL>/crowd/console/secure/admin/mailtemplate.action or Crowd Admin>Mail template:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.19.41 PM.png

There are details on all the settings in this article: Creating an Email Notification Template

Deleted user August 31, 2017

Hi Ann,

thanks for reply. Unfortunately I couldn't change what I needed in this email template. I think the variable $resetlink is a fix value (or gets generated at startup?).

I took a look at this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Crowd-questions/Crowd-password-reset-emails-have-wrong-base-url/qaq-p/18106

I checked my crowd.properties in the Crowd Home Directory and noticed that my base URL was still wrong.

So I changed it and now my reset links point to the right server.

Kind regards

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events