Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong URL in Reset Password

IT Vissim December 18, 2017

Hi,

we are using domain atlassian.vissim.no for accessing our on-premise Crowd.

Before there was also hades.vissim.no domain in use for some plugins but we have removed those unsused subdomains.

After that Password Reset is not working - in the URL to reset password, there is hades.vissim.no domain.

Where can I check why is crowd using hades.  instead of atlassian.  

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Hi @IT Vissim

If you're running Crowd 2.x, please change Crowd's base URL in the crowd.properties file as detailed on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/change-password-email-have-wrong-base-url-245827274.html

If you're running Crowd 3.x, there's no crowd.properties file anymore so you need to go to Crowd's administration console > General > General Options and change the Base URL.

Hi,

we are running 2.x

In property file there is :

crowd.server.url                        @CROWD@/services/

I don't knw where is defined @CROWD@@

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

That's because you're looking at the wrong crowd.properties file. You're actually looking at etc/crowd.properties instead of the crowd.properties file in your crowd.home directory.

crowd.home directory is defined in 

crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/crowd-init.properties

Make also sure to change or add the crowd.base.url property, not crowd.server.url.

I'll try crowd.base.url 

thank you

That is good point - I've found right crowd.properties and yes there is that wrong URL.

Thank you a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events