Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 2008 AD LDAP DN configuration

OneThousand August 26, 2013

I have a win 2008 AD Domain called 'mydomain.us' - CROWD Server and DC are on same subnet. What will be the BASEDN to use - tried ou=10.211.55.7,dc=10.211.55.0,dc=local

When i use cn=administrator for User and the correct password - i get this error

here was a problem communicating with the LDAP server: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903AA, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v1771]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903AA, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v1771]

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

From my understanding, the Base DN should be configured as dc=mydomain,dc=us. Could you try that?

As for the LDAP Error Code 49, please see this KB article regarding it. According to the KB article, the error is saying that the user cn=administrator is not found in the Base DN you've specified.

1 vote

Figure its pretty easy to get the DN from AD via command prompt, using the following "dsquery"

> dsquery user -name administrator

'CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=mycircleofcare,DC=us'

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Great to know. I'm not very familiar with AD, the information quite useful to me.

May I know what is the current status of the configuration? Keep us updated.

This works- thanks

BaseDN : cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=us

UserName : cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=us

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events