Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum number of groups that we can create in CROWD?

Harris Kristanto Husien January 24, 2018

We want to know, what is the maximum number of groups that we can create in CROWD? and will the huge number of groups effect the CROWD performance?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi @Harris Kristanto Husien

There is no limit for groups in Crowd. We do have customers successfully running with 10k groups or even more. There might be an impact on performance, but it all depends on how big are those groups (how many users are assigned to them), are those local groups (created in Crowd) or groups that needs to be synchronized from remote.

So all in all it depends on the setup and on resources assigned to the instance.

Hope this answers your questions. Do let me know if you have any doubts.

Marcin Kempa

Harris Kristanto Husien February 5, 2018

Thanks for the answers, it clears my doubts

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi @Harris Kristanto Husien

I am glad that this answer cleared your doubts. Would you mind accepting the answer, so other community users may find it easily?

Thanks,

Marcin Kempa

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2018

Wanted to chime in from a customer point of view and confirm Marcin’s comment. We have what I’d consider a large Crowd install - 2xAD, 2xLDAP and 2xinternal Crowd directories. Crowd reports around 60000 users with 15000 of them making it through to the apps, and around 5000 groups with heavy nesting to assist with permissions management. While we have done some basic tuning (psql on AWS RDS) and 8GB xms/xmx, nginx in front - performance hasn’t been an issue for us.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events