Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What changes to applications that use Crowd do I need to do when migrating and upgrading Crowd?

Tom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

I am upgrading Crowd from 2.2.7 to 2.5.1 by installing/migrating it to a new server and new DB (MYSQL) and importing the XML from the old Crowd instance. That has worked fine for a test instance. I know I need to edit my applications' (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence) atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties files to reflect the new URL for the new Crowd instance and restart them.

Do I need to do anything else to those applications? For example, do I need to update the versions of the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/crowd<whatever>.jar files, or update plugins?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Not all the applications use crowd.properties now. They use it for SSO but there are other configurations in the UI where the crowd server url needs to be changed.

And if the url is not using cnames, you should better have an admin user who can login and change it after Crowd is moved to the new server.

I am not sure about the jar version but you can find it in your Crowd server itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events