Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User management multiple Atlassian products

Rogier The January 23, 2018

Is it possible to create a group per Atlassian product but still maintain the integration? We have Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Hipchat. Not all four products are necessary for all users, how do I separate this effectively?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Your instincts are correct, create an access group per application and put different people in them.  This won't affect your integrations directly, but you may find users who have different accesses may see quirks (e.g. if a user has Confluence and looks at a page that reports on Jira, but they have no Jira access, the reports may look empty)

Thanks Nic, will try to set it up.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Just to add to what Nic has already stated. I would suggest you to use "crowd" for managing all the groups and being the single source of truth for authentication/authorizations to all the different applications because scaling user management schemes isn't an easy task especially in last enterprise setup. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can get more info on Crowd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events