Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Crowd Alias settings in JIRA

Dylan_Wilson July 21, 2011

I am trying to integrate a longstanding JIRA installation with Crowd and our corporate AD. I can login to jira using my corporate login via Crowd and my "old" JIRA login.

I setup aliasing in Crowd and understand that I still have to use my old username (right?), but I expected to use my AD password?

Could someone explain exactly how this should work. Do I use my old JIRA username when logging into JIRA with my AD password ?

(I still have the JIRA authenticator enabled but second in the hiearchy).

Thanks,

Dylan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2011

Hmm, that's not quite my take on the recommended use of aliasing. I beleive aliasing is more intended for cases where several apps are using crowd but all have slightly different IDs (i,e. confluence vs jira). In your case you are migrating the entire user population from internal management to extenrla management.

1. Ignoring your "old" id, get jira configured to use crowd as a directory within Jira, and authenticating using both the new username and new passowrd (both from AD)
  2. Deactivate all the non-AD accounts (not removeing them!) http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianJIRA-KnownLimitations
  3. Use the JQL to have users migrate any previously owned or created tickets to their new username via the batch updater.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events