Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restart crowd

Shravanthi Sudarshana June 1, 2014

i was trying to integrate crowd with jira and login was failing for one of the users(present in jira) for crowd. Then crowd went into a hung state and page was not loading. So i ran stop_crowd.bat and then start_crowd.bat but am still getting connection timed out error in browser. Please help! I do not see any errors in crowd log file.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shravanthi Sudarshana June 7, 2014

There was an issue with my database where one of the processes was locked so i had to kill it manually. MSSQL db gave java.lang.InterruptedException and so i was not able to login to crowd using admin credentials as well. Now my issue is fixed.

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Based on the error message about not being able to clean the cache directory, I would guess that the c:\crowd-home\caches\felix directory is not writable by the Crowd process. But that's just a guess.

For this kind of "my Crowd is completely broken and it's spewing out errors in the logs" situation, you are probably best off raising a support issue at https://support.atlassian.comso that our friendly support team can get your full logs and help you troubleshoot, especially if this is a production instance.

Am still evaluating crowd so am not sure if i can get support to answer my queries. I also found this error in tomcat logs

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I tried to see if there is any process using that port using netstat -aon but did not find any process using that port. Am not sure what is going on. Should i consider reinstalling crowd?

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Ah, evaluating Crowd makes things more difficult.

That JVM_Bind error means there's another process listening on Crowd's port (8095). Most likely that means that there's a Crowd already running, so I would try to stop all the Crowd instances. If by some chance you've stopped all the Crowd instances and you still get that error, then typing netstat -aon should list which ports are in use by which processes, and then you can kill those processes.

After you've stopped anything listening on port 8095, then yes, reinstalling Crowd is probably a good idea. Make sure the user which will be running Crowd will be able to write to the crowd.home directory which you configure.

0 votes

After i stopped and started crowd, am getting the following error in logs

2014-06-02 00:09:12,627 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'propertyDao' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-CrowdDAO.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'batchFinder': : Error creating bean with name 'directoryPluginLoader' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-CrowdPlugins.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'osgiPluginFactory' while setting constructor argument with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'osgiPluginFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-CrowdPlugins.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'osgiPersistentCache' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'osgiPersistentCache': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Unable to clean the cache directory: c:\crowd-home\caches\felix; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'directoryPluginLoader' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-CrowdPlugins.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'osgiPersistentCache' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'osgiPersistentCache': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Unable to clean the cache directory: c:\crowd-home\caches\felix

Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events