Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login into bamboo

Karl Steadman May 30, 2018

We are using bamboo 6.3.2 and installed and configured crowd.  I am unable to login into bamboo and see this line in the atlassian-bamboo.log   Failure authenticating with BASIC 'Crowd REST Service'.  In Crowd I added the bamboo application and typed in the password. Can I verify I have the correct password in the MySQL database?  I did change the crowd.properties file in the directoryapplication-data/bamboo/xml-data/configuration to reflect the proper password, but I am not sure if that file is used anymore.  The authentication test in Crowd passes for my username.  Also I don't know how to disable the Crowd integration, at least temporarily, so I can sign into bamboo. 

Thank, Karl

1 answer

0 votes
Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Karl,

You can restore Bamboo to use its internal user directory by following the instructions in the Workaround section of the following article:

Bamboo lost connection to external user directory.

With regards to not being able to log on with your CROWD directory; did you create a 'bamboo-admin' group within CROWD?

Please see full instructions here:

Integrating Crowd with Atlassian Bamboo.

Karl Steadman May 30, 2018

Thanks.  The workaround section did allow me to log back into Bamboo.  I did setup a bamboo-admin group.  Once logged into bamboo I selected 'Users and groups from JIRA or Crowd' within 'User repositories' versus  'custom user repository'.  I am not sure if I had a problem with the application name being case sensitive.

My next problem is getting SSO to function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events