Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Start_crowsbat for windows in {CROWD_INSTALL}

Ayesha Karunaratne November 27, 2017

CROWD_INSTALL.png

Cannot see a Start_Crowd.bat for Windows in C:\SW_Inst\atlassian-crowd-3.0.2\atlassian-crowd-3.0.2\crowd-webapp\WEB-INF\classes

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi @Ayesha Karunaratne

Assuming that you downloaded archive like atlassian-crowd-3.0.zip, when you extract it for example into c:\SW_Inst directory you should have a structure like that:
c:\SW_Inst
`-- atlassian-crowd-3.0.2
|-- apache-tomcat
|-- build.bat
|-- client
|-- crowd-openidclient-webapp
|-- crowd-openidserver-webapp
|-- crowd-webapp
| |-- META-INF
| |-- WEB-INF
| | |-- classes
| | | |-- com
| | | |-- crowd-init.properties
| | | `-- database-defaults
|-- etc
|-- licenses
|-- start_crowd.bat
`-- stop_crowd.bat

(I only listed relevant directories content)
So to answer you question, In your example, as you seem to unzip crowd in c:\SW_inst\atlassian-crowd-3.0.2 you should look for start_crowd.bat in c:\SW_Inst\atlassian-crowd-3.0.2\atlassian-crowd-3.0.2

Hope that helps
Marcin Kempa

0 votes
Roopesh N February 12, 2018

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

i agree to you, when i am extracting the zip file .bat files are not available. please find the attached snapshot & kindly advise on further steps.

atlassian.png

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Hi @Roopesh N,

I can see that you've downloaded Crowd's WAR distribution. Do you want to install Crowd on your own, self hosted application server? Please note that at the moment the only supported application server is Apache Tomcat, and with Crowd 3.1 we've deprecated WAR distribution.

I believe that you are after installing Crowd standalone distribution which comes with bundled Apache Tomcat application server. Here is the link to a standalone distribution where you will find start_crowd.bat script: https://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/downloads/binary/atlassian-crowd-3.1.2.zip

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events