Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some viable user management options, need clarification, CROWD SSO

Marcel Montel September 26, 2013

Hello.

I'm trying to prepare a couple of viable options on how to configure our new Atlassian Crowd+Confluence+Jira+Fisheye setup.

I have upgraded to latest versions of all applications and previously we were not using Crowd and so there was no option to use single sign-on, authentication was handled by ldap and authorization by the applications internal directories.

Now i have installed Crowd and have come up with a couple of solutions.

Option one is Delegated LDAP Authentication, importing current groups from applications internal directories into the Delegated Directory.

Option two is to add Crowd as SSO/OpenID only and use LDAP read+write as user/group management

Option three, havent found if this is possible, but can you have Crowd as SSO only (with ldap) and still keep the internal directories? Internal directories will be crippled from login from what i can understand, but is there any option i have overlooked that lets me authenticate against crowd and still use the internal directores for authorization, and what implications might it have.

And if go with option two, is it possible to add new users to the ldap from jira? having jira work like a ldap user manager?

What would be your prefered solution. We're talking about a 50 user licenses.

Regards

Marcel

1 answer

0 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Hi Marcel,
For the sake of keeping things clean I would go with option one. That way all our user managment is in a single location and SSO can be handled by Crowd.

Cheers,
Andrew

P.S I do not believe option three is technically possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events