Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single sign on with crowd

Deleted user May 9, 2017

As we know that Single sign-on is a feature offered by Crowd. Now i want to Integrate Crowd with Atlassian Bitbucket Server and other atlassian products as well. But it says that only Crowd administrator can enable this feature. Also, by default I see this feature connected through application link with JIRA and Confluence. So i need to know that how it is connected with jira and confluence through application links by default and how can I introduce this feature with other atlassian products as well to support the Single sign on functionality.

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

Here is a comprehensive guide, I have followed it with success:

Overview of SSO

In addition to defining the applications in Crowd and the User Directories in each application, there is some work to be done in configuration files.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

Crowd provides a user directory for each of the applications.

You will need a Crowd administrator to tell Crowd that it should be a directory for the applications and that SSO is enabled for each one.

Then, for each application, an admin for the application should configure the application to say "use that Crowd over there for your user directories"

Application links are not needed for this.  They are for adding and supporting integrations between the applications.  The basic user directory stuff is not an application link thing.

Deleted user May 9, 2017

Thanks for your response.

So does this mean that we need to purchase Crowd - Server to implement SSO between multiple applications.

And this comes in built with JIRA and Confluence by default as we do not have Crowd license, Please correct me in case of anything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events