Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Sync with Azure Active Directory

frederikfix September 11, 2017

I'm using the Azure AD integration that was added in 3.0 and which works great.

However my AD contains more users than I want to give access to JIRA for. This gives me two problems:
1. The user dropdowns are more cluttered than they need to be
2. I am pushed into a higher user tier than necessary.

Is there a way to only sync a sub-part of my Azure AD to crowd?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

Hi Frederik,

Regarding problem #2, only users who can log into your applications will be taken into account (in other words, only the users who are set as allowed to authenticate in Crowd). More details are available on Atlassian's documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/how-are-crowd-users-counted-towards-the-application-user-limit-246481311.html

Regarding problem #1, you might want to take a look at the ODCC add-on (Office 365 Directory Connector for Crowd) which has filtering options and allows you to retrieve only users belonging to specific groups: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.cleito.odcc/server/overview

(Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the ODCC add-on).

Hope this helps!

Bruno

frederikfix September 11, 2017

Thanks a lot!

Regarding the ODCC add-on: Are planning on continuing development now that a part of the functionality is in the core?

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

You're welcome @frederikfix.

Well, that's a  very good question. Since we have unique features (e.g. filtering options, short username, support for guest users, support for users with Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication enabled), we are definitely maintaining the ODCC plugin and continuing its development.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events