Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Crowd 3.1 as a service under a non-privileged user account on Linux?

OneTech IT December 16, 2017

Is there a way, similar to JIRA and Confluence, to run Crowd 3.1 as a service using a non-privileged user account (i.e. 'crowd')?   And how can I configure Crowd 3.1 to automatically start with the OS, after reboots?

I am running Crowd on CentOS 7.x

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2017
OneTech IT December 16, 2017

I have looked at these instructions but there are somewhat vague.  Do I need to manually create a local user and local group before modifying the BASH environment variables described on that page?

As compared to the Atlassian instructions for JIRA or Confluence, the level of instructional details for Crowd leave much to be desired.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2017

Yes, you need to manually create a local user and local group (crowd / crowd in the documentation's example).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events