Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Trying to install crowd, start_crowd.sh: 12: [: unexpected operator

Subhi Heil October 18, 2017

Hi,
I am trying to install Crowd, on Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit) and my MYSQL 5.7 (Uptodate).
I changed crowd-init.properties to existing crowd home folder (Not install path).
when I run ./start_crowd.sh i get:
(and Tomcat is not running)

Apparently to be bash issue!

If I run :~/atlassian-crowd-3.0.1# ./build.sh
Buildfile: build.xml

init:

assistant:
Changing Tomcat's connector port to 8095

BUILD FAILED
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class com.oopsconsultancy.xmltask.jdk15.XPathAnalyser15 (in unnamed module @0x1188e820) cannot access class com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.XPathAPI (in module java.xml) because module java.xml does not export com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal to unnamed module @0x1188e820

Please advise.

3 answers

0 votes
Vikash Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

There is no error in the start_crowd.sh file.

• Kill the running tomcat process.
  • The `sh` does not have extensive syntax. Use `bash` command to run your script and everything will be okay.
0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

I recommend that you delete the contents of the Crowd home directory and then start over with the steps in Installing Crowd and CrowdID

OpenJDK 1.8 is a supported platform for Crowd: Supported Platforms

The Crowd startup script (start_crowd.sh) is located in the root of the Crowd install dir.

0 votes
Subhi Heil October 18, 2017

Solution:

1. Install Oracle JDK (not Openjdk)

2. run ./build.sh

3. start it: /bin/bash start_crowd.sh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events