Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover from being locked out of Crowd Admin?

Jerry Lin August 10, 2014

Hello,

I was cleaning up my Crowd configuration and removed all previous internal directories and was planning to just leave the LDAP directories which is where all the users reside. This immediately locked me out of having admin access, even though my account is part of the crowd-administrators group.

I'm guessing my duplicate username in the internal directory was what was giving me admin access. How do I recover admin access?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jerry Lin September 1, 2014

Hello. After working with Atlassian support, I've gotten to a way to map the leftover LDAP account to Crowd Admin. Everything is now all good and working. Thanks guys!

0 votes
Jerry Lin August 17, 2014

I'm currently workign with support... who has just pointed me to the same "Restoring Passwords" article and told me they don't support SQL level procedures. :/.

Why allow users to remove their last internal directory if this is the result?

0 votes
Jerry Lin August 11, 2014

Hey Bruna. Thanks for the response!

I had found that earlier. The issue with using this guide is I haven't lost the password or just don't have an admin user. The entire internal directory is gone. The guide assumes I have either an admin that I just need to reset password to or just need to add an admin to the internal directory (which was dropped in my case).

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

You could do a separate fresh installation of Crowd to work out which database entries are required to give you access via the internal directory and then use that to recreate the internal directory in the db, but you're probably best off raising a support case with https://support.atlassian.comso they can step you through recreating the internal directory in the database, creating a user, etc.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Hi Jerry,

Please take a look here so you can restore your admin rights: Restoring Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events