Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to deactivate users in Crowd

sparebank1Car May 11, 2014

Hei, I try to deactivate users in Crowd by unchecking the Active checkbox and pressing Update button.

Crowd says Updated, but the checkbox is checked again. I can't find any settings in the administartion part of Crowd that prevent unchecking.

Why am I not able to disable users? There is no external LDAP/AD integration here. All users are created in Crowd.

Regards from Tore G. Larsen

3 answers

0 votes
sparebank1Car May 12, 2014

The log entry is:

2014-05-13 10:06:08,894 http-8095-16 ERROR [core.event.listener.AutoGroupAdderListener] Could not access directory: Custom user attributes are not yet supported for LDAP directories
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationNotSupportedException: Custom user attributes are not yet supported for LDAP directories

We use Crowd 2.3.2 at the moment, but try to update. We have failed twice, but will try to do it in steps to get to the newest version.

I have admin user.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2014

You mentioned before that there is no LDAP involved here, but that directory definitely has "LDAP" in it's name.

You may like to open a support case, if you're having trouble upgrading to the latest version (currently 2.7.2). Crowd 2.3 is too old to be actively supported these days, but if you do upgrade then our support team should be able to help you with your situation of being unable to deactivate users.

(By the way, Crowd 2.4 is due to become unsupported in 3 days, so you may want to try upgrading sooner rather than later; you have likely missed a few security updates which weren't backported to 2.3 already!)

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2014

It should cause an error if this is the case, but have you checked whether that directory has "update user" permissions granted? You should be able to see this in the configuration for the directory.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Hi Tore,

Is there anything in your crowd log file that might indicate a problem?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events