Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated Crowd from PROD to Dev server, Dev apps secondary admin auth goes to PROD crowd

Tom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Weird problem here -- back in the spring, I migrated my PROD Crowd to a Dev server and pointed my Dev apps to the Dev Crowd. All worked except for secondary admin auth, which I worked around in Dev Confluence (see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/168573/cannot-authenticate-to-crowd-as-administrator-in-confluence?page=1). Same thing happens with Dev Jira now, and I discovered that in the PROD Crowd catalina.out file whenever I tried to get into Dev Jira administration (for example, to re-index), when I got to the secondary authorization, I get "Client with address "10.10.21.60" [my Dev Jira box] is forbidden from making requests to the application, {2}" message (and in my Dev Jira browser, I get the "Oops!" page with stack trace. So somewhere my Dev Jira (and Confluence) are pointing back at PROD Crowd. I'm guessing there is something amiss with the DEV Crowd config. Ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

As Andrew explaine before you can cchekc and add your DEv Jira IP Address going to Application tab > select the directory > Remote Addresses.

0 votes
Andrew_Sheedy January 22, 2014

Have you added your DEV Jira to the list of allowed remote addresses in your DEV Crowd for the application?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events