Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge two Crowd databases into one

Glenn Mason August 14, 2013

Hi,

I need to merge two Crowd databases into one. I was wondering if backup from CrowdB and restore in CrowdA would be the correct approach?

There only duplication will be with groups and users. I don't expect the duplicate users to be a problem as they are in different directories.

But what about the duplicate groups? Will Crowd be smart enough to handle the groups by group name or will it fail because they are linked by group database key?

I'm asking because I can't get the backup to work correctly (won't create) and I'm running out of time. I might just have to write database extracts, but would prefer not to.

Any help on best way to merge two crowd db's would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi Glenn,

Restoring the backup from one Crowd instance to another will overwrite the data. The only feasible way to do what you want is using user/group import as in this documentation. I believe CSV import is the best option for you.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events