Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually add crowd user to server

david martin April 2, 2014

I have just taken over the current confluence, jir, crowd suite. I was given a user and jira account by temp admin but just realized that neither of us has a crowd account. How can we manually create a user for the crowd system on the server itself?

4 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

It is always good to have a local Crowd admin. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rightswill help you identify existing admin account and reset it if needed.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2014

Correct, this is the procedure you will want to follow to recover the admin password. If there is no admin user (which is possible but unlikely) then please create a support request and our friendly support staff will step you through recovering your Crowd installation.

0 votes
david martin April 6, 2014

Thannk you all. I did get to see the users. the change the password statements errors when "where id=<id from Stage 1>;" is etered it says error at from.

0 votes
david martin April 3, 2014

Well I login to postgres database and I'm not sure that got me any closer to having an admin crowd account. The system is woorking but I know the admin who left gave no turn over for that function. So does anyone know what I need to do now? Open a support ticket to have me walked thru getting a crowd admin account made or reset?

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2014

Following the instructions which Jobin linked to in his earlier answer will most likely solve your problem, but our friendly support team will be happy to help you out as well if you open a support case.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2014

Hello David,

If Crowd doens't have the Public sign up enabled, I fear that only a Crowd Administrator can create the user for you.

OR, your user should be inside some of crowd directories inside the application.

I hope this helps!

Rodrigo

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2014

Public signup isn't going to help recover admin permission in Crowd; even if it was enabled for JIRA / Confluence such that users will be created in the internal directory which Crowd itself uses to authenticate users, it's highly unlikely that those newly created users would be authorised to access the Crowd admin UI (because such a setup is unnecessarily insecure; you wouldn't want a newly signed up member of the public to start administering your Crowd server).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events