cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing users with last login time in Crowd

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

I'm trying to find user accounts that haven't been used in a long time. I found this KB article, which cointains an SQL query to list users with last login time in Crowd, I have just one problem with it: The numbers are odd.

According to Crowd we currently have 451 users (they come from an Active Directory and an OpenLDAP server).

Running the query as it is given in the KB article returns 49 users with a last login timestamp.

Running a simpler query to list all users (SELECT user_name FROM cwd_user) returns 125 users.

How can I interpret these numbers? Are 451 the users that could possibly log in because they are in an allowed group, but only 49 users actually have logged in?

The returned users are from both directory sources.

The Crowd instance is used by JIRA, Confluence, FishEye and Apache basic auth.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2014

Are any of your LDAP connector directories uncached? Crowd won't record information like last login time for uncached directories, because only cached users show up in cwd_user. That might explain why you have a lower-than-expected amount of users appearing with select user_name from cwd_user - but it sure doesn't explain why you'd see users from both directories showing up in that case (I assume you've verified they are from different directories by comparing the directory_id on the cwd_user rows), unless you have more directories defined.

(I've assumed your directories are LDAP connector directories, rather than delegated authentication directories.) 

Where are you seeing the 451 number?

Just in case there's any confusion about the 49 <-> 125 discrepency, the query given in the KB article won't show users who have never authenticated. You can view those users with a query like the following:

select cwd_user.directory_id, cwd_user.user_name from cwd_user where not exists (select id from cwd_user_attribute where cwd_user_attribute.user_id = cwd_user.id and cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = 'lastAuthenticated');
Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2014

Thanks, this really helps. The directories are not cached, so that explains it. The query with uses which haven't authenticated helps too, the result is 76 users which is the exact difference between 125 and 49. The number 451 is shown in the license information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events