Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for Crowd and Maintenance period

Gerard Hovanessyan November 7, 2016

Hi,
I have a valid crowd license, which maintenance period ended on "09 May 2014".
I have upgraded the crowd instance, using eval license to Crowd 2.7.2.

According to release notes - https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/crowd-2-7-2-release-notes-590254027.html - Crowd 2.7.2 is released on "13 April 2014".

According to FAQ - https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#softwaremaintenance-2 - I should be able to get all software updates during the maintenance period.

"13 April 2014" is before "09 May 2014", so I should be able to get Crowd 2.7.2.

The reality is that when I update the eval license with the one that I have, I get an error "The supplied license key is not valid for this version of Crowd, please renew your maintenance.".

How can this issue be resolved?

P.S. I do not want to downgrade or renew license.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2016

Hi Gerard,

It seems that there was a typo in Crowd 2.7.2 release notes, as I checked our download archive and it turns our that this version of Crowd was released on . This is why your licensed, which expires on  cannot be applied for 2.7.2 version of Atlassian Crowd.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I already updated the Crowd 2.7.2 release notes page.

P.S.

Although I understand that you do not want to renew Crowd license, I would still strongly encourage you to do so. With renewing license you will receive our support as well as you will be able to use newest version of Crowd which brings you following benefits:

• security fixes (there were a few since version 2.7.2)
  • bugfixes
  • performance improvements
  • new features and other enhancements

Would you mind sharing with me why you are not interested in renewing license?

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events