Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Authentication on Intermedia Exchange account not working

Gabriel Harriman August 20, 2011

I've setup JIRA using LDAP authentication delegation and it connects to my Intermedia exchange Active Directory and works great (without crowd).

Now, I would like to setup Crowd to do the same thing but I keep running into problems.

The first issue is, when I add the LDAP Delegation with Active Directory, it connects, but when I click on "Configuration" and try to change "User Name Attribute" from "sAMAccountName" to "mail" (to use email as username instead of the unfamiliar intermedia account format of username_accountname), it gives me an error of "There was an error in updating the directory. Please check the fields to ensure all entries are valid. " when I click "update", *unless* I have selected "Syncronise User Details" and "Syncronise Group Memberships" on the previous screen. If those options are selected, it lets me make the change, no problem.

The bigger issue is - even though all the test searches work, and my LDAP configuration in Crowd is identical to the configuration I use in my deletegated LDAP authentication in JIRA, I cannot authenticate using my LDAP accounts. It doesn't seem to matter if I use sAMAccountName or mail as the User Name Attribute, I cannot login.

Has anyone else used Crowd with Intermedia, or other hosted exchange providers?

** EDIT **

When I use LDAP sync instead of delegated authentication, users are synced over and I can see them in the directory, but I still cannot login to crowd using the LDAP user.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Harriman August 20, 2011

I didn't see that "crowd" was listed under the "Applications" menu in Crowd and assumed it would just authenticate against the list under the "Directories" menu. I added the directory to the "crowd" application and everything works as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events