Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira - users have to login twice

SkyIsFalling March 5, 2014

We're running Jira 6.2 with Crowd providing authentication services across all our Atlassian software. Crowd syncs with Active Directory, and our users can all log in to Atlassian software using their Windows logon.

When a user tries to login to Jira, the first attempt fails - a message saying "You do not have permissions to log in ....." appears above the username field in the login page. When the user then tries again with the same username and password they successfully log in.

I believe (but cannot be certain) that this behavior began after the upgrade to Jira 6.2. Confluence doesn't seem to exhibit this behavior, and neither does Stash

Has any one else had the same problem?

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
eyrisone June 19, 2015

I'm seeing the same behavior - for a small number of users - in confluence. All our accounts are synced with Active Directory.

0 votes
SkyIsFalling March 6, 2014

SSO hasn't been enabled.

Our users log on to Atlassian applications using their Windows credentials - this has been working fine until just recently.

I'm beginning to get more reports from users about permissions - one user can no longer resolve issues, an admin-level user can not assign issues.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi Michael,

When integrating JIRA with Crowd, the SSO is not enable by default, additional modification to seraph file is needed to enable it and some customers decide to user other softwares to provide SSO.

Do you have any kind of SSO configuration in place? I'm asking this because I see you mentioned Windows logon, perhaps are you refering to Integrated Windows Authentication?

If you have SSO enabled, can you turn it off temporarily and see if it brings any improvement?

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events