cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira, confluence with Crowd authenticatio

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

hi,

We are using Jira and Confluence. Authentication for both these servers are happening using Active directory.

Now we are evaluating Crowd for single sign on (for jira and confluence)and it is working.

Question is , as we are using Active directory for logging in to the system , can't we make the user auto login to the Jira or confluence ?

Means all the logged in users to the domain should be able to auto loggin to Jira and Confluence.

Any help on this? need any further clarification please leave a comment.

Thans in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

Hi,

is your crowd already using an AD connector?

did you set the SSO Domain?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

my configuration that works looks like this:

Crowd using a connector type directory for checking with the AD. not a delegated type (due to performance reasons)

the apps jira & confluence using this directory with a single group per each (created locally in crowd) confluence-users and jira-user

other group memberships will be inherited by the users assignments to other groups.

my SSO Domain value in Crowd is ".domain.tld"

for instance if your jira and confluence is jira.yourdomain.com and confluence.yourdomain.com set the SSO Domain like ".yourdomain.com"

make sure your seraph-config.xml from jira and confluence is using the crowd sso connector and your crowd.properties file is configured correctly

${INSTALLDIR}

JIRA = ${INSTALLDIR}/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties

Confluence = ${INSTALLDIR}/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties

Veda Kulkarni November 24, 2013

Faysal,

Thanks for your reply.

Did the configuration mention by you and SSO is working fine. (ex : if login to jira , then i can able to login to confluence automatically with out entering user name /password).

My question is for jira also i should be auto logged in , as i am using AD for authentication for my system and i successfully logged in to my system.

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Faysal,

Thanks for your reply.

Did the configuration mention by you and SSO is working fine. (ex : if login to jira , then i can able to login to confluence automatically with out entering user name /password).

My question is for jira also i should be auto logged in , as i am using AD for authentication for my system and i successfully logged in to my system.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

so only problem you're facing is if you try to access jira and enter youre AD crendentials you're not automatically logged into confluence ?

means SSO not workin correnctly right?

what if you login directly into CROWD...then change the URL to reach JIRA or/and Confluence...will be be logged in there or do you have to login again?

this could be a cookle issue....did you try clearing your browsers cache before?

also from the Apps section in Crowd..run login test for confluence.

also tail -f the crowd log file while attemting an application login

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Hi Faysal,

Looks , i didn't convey my issue properly.

If I login to jira/confluence/crowd (any one of these applications by entering my credentials),then i am able to login to the rest of the applications sucessfully. Crowd is working fine.

It means i entered my credentials once(it can be any one of the application jira/confluene/crowd), my question is without entering even once for any of the atlassian applications i should be auto logged in to the applications.

As i am using the AD for all the authentications, it should read it from my system credentials.

hope i am clear now.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

oh ok now i got you.

i guess you talkin bout loggin in to your desktop using your AD creds (like you on a Domain or such) you wanna be logged into crowd/jira/confluence directly right?

you mean sth like this?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/78997/automatic-jira-login-using-ad-user

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events