cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira/Confluence direct login very slow

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Hi folks..

i am currently evaluatiing for crowd in our company.

i set up a crowd directory connected to a LDAP to read company employees accounts.

Jira/Confluence added to crowd and all works nice...SSO and applinking and all that...perfect.

Scenario 1)

loggin in directly in crowd...i am in immediately...and can switch to confluence or jira without any latency

Scenario 2)

if i log in to jira or confluence instead of crowd...it takes loooooong time and sometimes i get an error at the end saying that i am not permitted to login. after clicking log in again i am in.

what setting is to change to allow flawless log in to any of the tool...crowd, jira or confluence please?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

problem solved.

i switched from a delegated configuration to a connector.

works well now

Vladimir Vasilyev February 3, 2014

Hello, it seems I am experiencing the same problem. Can you please tell what do you mean by this switch? How did you do that?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

hmmm as i wrote...

i used a different type of directory....chose AD connector instead delegated

0 votes
Vladimir Vasilyev February 9, 2014

Yes, all users report the same behavior. Strange thing is that it appeared only after upgrade from Confluence 3.5. Before the upgrade I cloned the instance to another server and I don't have any log in related issues there.

0 votes
NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

Have you tried using a different user and seeing if the problem is user specific?

0 votes
Vladimir Vasilyev February 9, 2014

Unfortunately I already use AD connector and have the same problem as you have described except I don't receive any errors, but have to wait for 15 seconds avg to log in. Anyway thanks for your answer.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

Hi, are you seeing any errors in the logs? How far away are Crowd and JIRA/Confluence? Is it on the same server? I would first confirm that there are no network issues between the 2 applications. They could be timing out.

The rest are pretty standard and should just work unless you see errors in the logs.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

the 3 apps are located on the same host.

only the ldap isn't

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events