Is there any open source Maven Repository software that integrates with Crowd?

raulgd November 26, 2014

I'm trying to setup a Maven repository to use in my Atlassian ALM stack, but I want to be able to have my users created in Crowd to be used in my Maven repository as well to continue having a centralized user management for all my tools.

Is there any tool that supports this? I found that Apache Archiva had an initiative to use the Crowd client API to integrate it, but they were unsuccessful because of Archiva's security architecture limitations, here's the JIRA bug:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-685

What do Atlassians use internally for artifact management/repository? what is the recommended solution? Keep in mind that we're 3 people and we use the starter license, so we don't have enough money for expensive solutions (like Nexus).

Maybe even there's an opening for another Atlassian product, to have a Maven Repository product that integrates into the Agile process flow, perhaps with Bamboo to have it integrated CI deploy automatically into the Repository for continuous artifact releases, that would be plain awesome!

Thanks,

Raul

1 answer

0 votes
Kerem Caglar [Solveka]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Try Nexus. There is a community supported Crowd connector

raulgd November 26, 2014

Like I said on the question, forget Nexus as it's a paid product that we can't afford. Any other alternatives that work with Crowd?

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2014

For completeness: Nexus is what we use at Atlassian (though I'm not sure if we're using the Crowd connector or whether it's hooked up to LDAP directly). Sometimes we do have scaling problems with Nexus but as far as I know we don't have any plans to replace it with an offering of our own or someone else's.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events