Is it possible for crowd to manage group access in to certain spaces in confluence or projects in JIRA?

Jesse Callejas May 13, 2016

My company has JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket installed, and I just installed Crowd to be able to administer better my users. So far Atlassian litterature talks about managing groups to control access to applications.

Is it possible for crowd to control groups and access to say spaces in confluence?

Thanks for all your help

Every bit of it is greatly welcome.

Jesse

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2016

Crowd allows you to manage users and groups. Then fine-grained permissions have to be defined on the application side. For instance, you might want to create a group called FooSpace-users in Crowd and then give this group the view right on FooSpace in Confluence's admin console: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html

Jesse Callejas May 17, 2016

Thank you Bruno for your answer, I understand that now, however Do I have to create a new directory for every application I want to integrate with crowd? or I can just create groups within the same directory?

Thanks for your help again

Cheers

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Hi Jesse,

You don't have to create a new directory for every application. You can definitely create groups within the same directory. For instance, you might have a group called projectManagers-users that will be used both in JIRA and Confluence.

Best regards,

Bruno 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events