Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid login error

Shravanthi Sudarshana June 12, 2014

I have integrated jira and confluence instances with crowd. Both applications are using crowd as their authentication mechnism(delegated ldap directory) . However none of confluence administators or jira administrators are able to login to crowd console(using ldap credentials). It gives an invalid login error and crowd log shows only 'user attempted to login with incorrect credentials' . I tried to do authentication test in directory section and it gave a successful verification message.

I found a n article which shows a similar issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Can't+Log+Into+Crowd+SSO+Due+To+Invalid+Domain+Property

I set SSO domain to 'hostname' because my crowd link is http://hostname:8095/crowd. After the changes made, it did not let confluence/jira administrators log in using ldap credentials. It did not let admin also log in so i had to delete domain property from database.

Can someone please help me figure out as to why none of the users are able to login to crowd console using their confluence/jira credentials(ldap) ? (even though both are integrated with crowd)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shravanthi Sudarshana June 16, 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. The issue i had was because i had not added Jira/confluence directory under crowd application. Hence all users in jira/confluence were not able to login to crowd but they were able to login to jira/confluence. Once i added the directory, it worked fine!

I am still using evaluation version of crowd. Once we complete the testing, we will buy the licensed product. I will surely keep an eye on user limit.

Thanks!

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi Sharavanthi, Crowd has its own application under the Applications tab. The confluence administators and jira administrators need to be able to authenticate in this application in order to log in Crowd.

Cheers

Shravanthi Sudarshana June 12, 2014

The confluence and jira administrators are present in userlist of suitable applications in crowd. they are able to autheticate successfully as well in authentication test of application tab. However they cannot login to crowd console using ldap credentials. It gives an invalid login error. i can only login to crowd console using admin credentials as it belongs to internal directory

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

That sounds like a bug then; I suggest you open a support issue at https://support.atlassian.comso our support staff can help you confirm the issue.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Shravanthi, you may need to check if you have excided your Crowd license limit. If it happened, no one, except the Crowd internal admin, will be able to login.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events