Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert email addresses into Crowd database

Byron Boudreaux February 1, 2018

We are using Crowd to sync accounts from our Azure AD...that does not use Office 365 for email.  Is it possible to insert Users email addresses directly into the Crowd database?  If so, does anyone have a query to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

Hi @Byron Boudreaux

Alternatively you might be interested in taking a look at the following add-on: Office 365 Directory Connector or Crowd (ODCC).

The latest version of the ODCC plugin actually has an option to fill in the Crowd email address field with the value of the Office 365 / Azure AD mailNickname attribute when the mail attribute has no value in Azure AD (unlike the mail attribute, the mailNickname attribute is always provisioned in Azure AD)

(Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the ODCC plugin)

Best regards,

Bruno

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Byron,

I am not sure this is a great idea, as I don't know how email address changes would be maintained/updated. However, if you let me know what version of Crowd you are using I can work on a query.

You plan to try this on a test instance, first, I hope?

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events