Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what order do I install JIRA Service Desk, Confluence and Crowd?

Leonie Luckwald April 12, 2016

I have my Hyper-V Guest with Server 2008 R2 Standard and MS SQL 2008 R2 installed and patched.

An assumption is a dangerous thing, but I'm thinking SD, Confluence and then Crowd?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

Doesn't matter, they're all independent applications.

When it comes to configuring them though, I'd do Crowd first.  Simply so that once it's done, I can move on to Confluence and Service Desk and not have to go back to mess around in Crowd.  Then I'd do Confluence second, as the setup of that is usually simple and it's ready for you to create a knowledge base integration when you move on to JSD last.

Leonie Luckwald April 12, 2016

As always, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Planning on getting started this weekend. That said, for Crowd, is setting up an OU with a Security Group the right direction?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

Yep, it's a good way to start.

Leonie Luckwald May 12, 2016

Hi Nic,

I realize this might not be proper procedure, but can you contact me at sbutler@gegac.org.au please? I have so many projects on the go and I'd love to learn everything about Crowd, IT Service Desk and Confluence, but I just don't have the time.

Environment is Server 2008 R2 Standard, MS SQL 2008 R2, 4x Cores, 8Gb RAM.

I figure, with your knowledge of Atlassian, what I can do in 10 weeks, you can probably do in 10 hours.

Cheers,

Simon.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2016

I think Sam will be in touch with you directly.  But if you could give us an idea of what you're looking for here, that would be nice (I like to keep things public until there's a private arrangement.  You've got a good question here and other people might find conversations useful)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events