Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import users from JIRA into Crowd: Missing most users, a lot of deactivated users

Friedhelm Hellerhoff June 15, 2018

Hello all,

I was trying to import our ~320 users from JIRA into Crowd.

I used .Atlassian Importer", made all the settings during the import steps (DB URL, user, pw, etc." and Crowd succeeded. Unfortunately, about ~100 of my users have been imported only!

In addition, only a few of those imported users were active (~10), most of the users were deactivated.

I checked log files (did I get them all?) but could not find any reason why it.

Did anybody have same problems and could share some ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Environment:

Crowd V3.2.1, JIRA V7.0.1 on separate Windows 2012R2 machines, JIRA uses SQL Server DB, Crowd Postgres

1 answer

0 votes
Neha Lokhande
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2018

Hi Friedhelm,

Are all these ~320 users in your JIRA internal directory?

If not, it is recommended that you migrate your JIRA users into an Internal directory first. See Configuring the internal directory and Migrating users from one directory to another

Also, set the ‘Password Encryption’ to ‘ATLASSIAN-SECURITY’, otherwise the passwords will not be copied to Crowd.

If you do have your users’ in the internal directory, then check the following logs for any errors around the time of import:

<crowd-home>/logs
<crowd-install>/apache-tomcat/logs

If you’re not able to locate any errors, let us know and we can open a ticket for you.

Thanks,

Neha

Friedhelm Hellerhoff June 25, 2018

Hello Neha,

thanks for your answer. Yes, you are right, not all users were in JIRA internal directory.

So we decided to use CSV import instead.

best regards, Friedhelm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events