Import Crowd users to JIRA Cloud

Thorn Golden January 22, 2018

I'm attempting to transition our organization from an on-premises installed JIRA Server instance to JIRA Cloud. Up until now we've been using Crowd to manage SSO between JIRA, Confluence, and Bamboo servers.

Creating a backup from JIRA Server and importing it into JIRA Cloud only migrated the handful of users who were present in the "internal" user directory prior to us setting up Crowd. I don't want to have to re-invite ~70 users to our system and require them to recreate passwords for their accounts. How can I migrate the user data from Crowd into JIRA Cloud?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Tom,

There is an article titled Importing from JIRA Server application to JIRA Cloud application throws an Unsupported Crowd Directory Error that may help with this:

Disable the User Directory in the server application, then re-export the backup. If you're not able to do this, the below method can be used.

1. Inside the JIRA backup file, there are two XML files. The file containing the Crowd server information is entities.xml. Search for whatever your Crowd server is called (in this case "Crowd Server") and the following line will be found:

<Directory id="10000" directoryName="Crowd Server" lowerDirectoryName="crowd server" createdDate="2011-06-14 09:50:39.62" updatedDate="2012-05-16 12:08:30.69" active="1" implementationClass="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory" lowerImplementationClass="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.remotecrowddirectory" type="CROWD" position="0"/> 
  2. Change active="1" to active="0" and save the file into the zip archive.

Take a look at the article for more details and hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events