Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to connect crowd to a large Active Directory with local groups

Jan-Christian Arnold December 9, 2013

Hello

I'm looking for a way to use delegated auth with local groups.

I know you can synch connector, but the directory is much larger than my crowd license. So for a synch I get an error.

Only a small fraction of the AD users will use the services behind crowd!So I'm looking for a delegate auth with local groups.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan-Christian Arnold December 10, 2013

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies!

your are both so right, but I could not see. My "problem" was that I deactivted the permissions for user and group creation. I did that because I'm connecting to an read-only AD, so I thought.

What I didn't grasp was that the Permissions are only valid for the crowd part of directory!

Maybe you can add such da description to the wiki page https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/HIGlBw

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2013

Crowd's Delegated Authentication directory should allow you to specify the groups locally (i.e. in Crowd). Is there a reason why this doesn't work for you?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

Hi Jan-Christian, since you're intending to have ony a small fraction of the users from your AD, maybe a good solution for you is reduce the scope of your LDAP directory in Crowd.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events