Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall crowd in centOS?

Suresh October 20, 2016

Hi All,

How uninstall crowd, unfortunately i have installed 2.10.1 instead of 2.9.1.

How to uninstall 2.10.1

and install atlassian-crowd-2.9.1.tar.gaz

Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2016

Stop crowd if it is running, delete (or rename, just in case) the directories you've installed it in, create a new database and setup the older version.  There is no downgrade option in case you're wondering, you'll need to start fresh.

Also, why?  2.10 is better than 2.9, there's no reason to downgrade that I know of, unless you're doing security testing (2.9 has a big security flaw in it)

Suresh October 20, 2016

Hi Nic,Thank you for the suggestion.

I have deleted installation folder and data folder.

And I have run stop-crowd.sh and then i have unzip the atlassian-crowd-2.9.1.tar.gaz.

And then start the server start-crowd.sh. The setup wizard not coming up while i am accessing url http://localhost:8095/crowd.

The 2.9.1 version i would like to point to the same old database.

Did I'm missing any thing here.what else I am missing.

Once the issue resloved we will surly use 2.10.1.  

Suresh October 20, 2016

Hi Nic,Thank you for the suggestion.

I have deleted installation folder and data folder.

And I have run stop-crowd.sh and then i have unzip the atlassian-crowd-2.9.1.tar.gaz.

And then start the server start-crowd.sh. The setup wizard not coming up while i am accessing url http://localhost:8095/crowd.

The 2.9.1 version i would like to point to the same old database.

Did I'm missing any thing here.what else I am missing.

Once the issue resloved we will surly use 2.10.1.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2016

Er, you need to do a new installation, you can't use the database for 2.10, as it's been upgraded.  I don't know what changes were made to the database (if any), but if you look at the log file, I suspect you'll find it's saying it can't run against data from a newer system

Suresh October 20, 2016

Ok, we will re-install 2.10.1,
May know the process, can I connect to thesame db.
I have deleted installation and data folders.

Ok, we will re-install 2.10.1,
May know the process, can I connect to same db.
I have deleted installation and data folders.can it overright and runs on same old port

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2016

Install it clean, with an empty database, then stop it, change the settings file to point at the old database, or copy the old database into the empty one and then restart it.

Suresh October 25, 2016

thank you nic, it worked

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events