Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show distribution group in Crowd for Directory only.

John Zhang June 17, 2014

I know it only show security group if I set Group Object Filter as "(&(ObjectCategory=Group)(!(proxyAddresses=*))) " in the configuration of Crowd's Directory. But now, I'd like to show distribution group, not security group.

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Hi John, the filter (ObjectCategory=Group) is suposed to include all kind of groups in MSAD, I've just tested this filter here with Crowd and it pulled distribution groups just fine.

Cheers

John Zhang June 18, 2014

Thanks for your reply. But I'd like to show distribution group only only only, not security group.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Hi John, sorry for the confusion, this should bring only distribution groups (more details can be found here):

(&(objectCategory=group)
(!(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2147483648)))

Cheers

John Zhang June 19, 2014

Fine, thanks awfully.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

I'm happy to help ;) you may mark this question as answered if you think it was answered satisfactorily. This will increase the visibility of the question and may help other people in the future.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events