Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up crowd on another url?

Pavel Tananykhin September 20, 2014

I have a problem with authentication from another pc. I've unpack crowd server,setting up mysql bd like in Manual , configure server.xml in apache-tomcat directory to set up proxyName and proxyPort for connector block(i make redirect from Nginx like JIRA or Stash).

When i start crowd,i can access for start page,i choose install crowd and after all steps i couldn't login

Connection to authentication server failed. Please review the logs for more information.

Pastebin log

why he can't login?

i updated crowd.properties changing application password from data folder to bin/client/conf folder and bin/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes folder

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2014

It's because you've got the wrong connection settings.  The last error in the log is a giveaway:

1. 2014-09-21 16:07:14,832 http-bio-8095-exec-19 ERROR [crowd.console.action.Login] Failed to connect to the authentication server, please check your crowd.properties
  2. org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException: The application.name or application.password in the crowd.properties file does not match the password in Crowd.
Pavel Tananykhin September 20, 2014

where should a change it? i update password in 2 directories bin/client/conf folder and bin/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes folder and get this error again((

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

Check the crowd.properties under CROWD_HOME (data directory) and make sure the application password in the crowd.properties file is correct.

Another thing to check would be the URL in the same file. It should be localhost or the ip address of the machine.

If you want to reset the password, try this:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Getting+InvalidAuthenticationException+in+the+Log+File+When+Logging+into+Crowd

Pavel Tananykhin September 21, 2014

what does it mean correct?i have password in crowd.properties but how i know that it is correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2014

It means you've given it the wrong password. It does not match with what you have put in Crowd to allow it access. You need to check that what you've set up in Crowd matches what you've set in the file. Generally, you won't be able to read a password though, you'll need to change it to be 100% sure what is in there. I tend to use copy and paste to do this, so that I know I'm using the same source password every time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events