How to retrieve Crowd password last updated value?

Derek Sheeman March 11, 2014

Is there a way to retrieve the 'passwordLastChanged' value from the crowd internal user database, or find informaion on how it is calculated. We would like to poll this value or recalculate it from the underlying MySQL database in order to notify users of passwords expiring soon.

We had something, but with the crowd 2.7.1 something in the behaivor broke that.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2014

You can extract the password changed attribute from the cwd_user_attribute table:

select * from cwd_user_attribute inner join cwd_user
on cwd_user_attribute.user_id = cwd_user.id
where attribute_name = 'passwordLastChanged';

Note that this information is only recorded for Crowd internal directories; LDAP (whether cached, uncached, and delegated authentication) connectors do not store this information for users because user authentication in these cases is done by sending the user's password to the LDAP server for verification. Hence, in those cases you'll have to check your LDAP server for the details (this may not apply to you, but noting it here to save future searchers some time).

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2014

Hi Derek,

This value in written in Unix type and you should be able to retrieve the exact date by following the advices in this answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/97528/how-can-an-admin-determine-when-someone-s-password-last-changed-in-crowd

From the answer above: "Solution: Remove the last three digits from Crowd's timestamps, then visit epochconverter.comin order to determine the date."

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Rodrigo

Derek Sheeman March 13, 2014

I recognize the epoch time. I am looking for how to retrieve the passwordLastChanged value from the application (API) or where it is stored in the Database so I can poll it. Nothing in published schema looks to reflect this.

... also, your answer really doesn't have anything to do with my actual question.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2014

Hi Derek,

In addition to Caspar's answer, I couldn't find a way to retrieve this information using API

You may want to check the resources thought.

Apologies, but since you have asked "...or find informaion on how it is calculated" I was trying to explain how this information is stored.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Derek Sheeman March 13, 2014

I can see that interpretation, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events