How to refresh full name in Confluence when working with Crowd?

Frank Püchl July 9, 2013

I am currently facing a problem. We created a new user in Crowd with a spelling error in the full name. The user worked successful in Confluence and would like his full name to be corrected.

However, in Confluence I cannot change the full name - maybe this is because the users are configured in Crowd.

So I changed the full name in Crowd, but I do NOT see the changed name in Confluence.

Any guess?

Thanks,
Frank

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Hi Frank,

Some more information about external user management in Confluence 3.0.2 can be found here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF30/Understanding+User+Management+in+Confluence

Best regards,

Peter

Frank Püchl July 9, 2013

Thanks for the link to the documentation. However, I am not able to find the information how to update the Full Name in Confluence if user administration is done by Crowd.

User was created with a typo in the Full Name, after correction in Crowd the Full Name in Confluence is not updated and I am not able to update the Full Name within Confluence.

Any idea?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Frank,

Can the user edit his name in the profile page?

I can't realy test anything because I don't have such an old confluence running.

Best regards,

Peter

Frank Püchl July 9, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. Neither the user himself nor the administrator is able to edit the full name.

SORRY - but I haven't found that user was defined in two different Crowd directories and only one of the two entries was changed.

BIG EXCUSE to waste for wasting your time.

So, I have learnt first to clarify if my admin colleagues are telling me the complete truth ;-)

0 votes
Frank Püchl July 9, 2013

Thanks Peter. My fault, I forgot to mention that we are still using Confluence 3.0.2 (yes, we are going to upgrade this year, but still running this old version).

Any hint about running this sync, because I ahven't found the 'User Directories' screen?

Thanks,
Frank

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2013

Hi Frank

You need to resync your user directory in Confluence to see the changes you made in Crowd.

You can do this manualy or wait untill it happens automatically.

More information can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Synchronising+Data+from+External+Directories

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events