How to implement Crowd SSO Correctly

Mayuri Sahare October 13, 2014

I am Evaluating JIRA, Confluence and Fisheye for my project. Now i wanted to implement SSO using Crowd. I had tried many times but i am unable to do so.

The problem is when i make changes in the config.xml in JIRA directory and uncomment line for SSO implementation and comment the following line

(<authenticator class="com.atlassian.jira.security.login.JiraSeraphAuthenticator"/>)

i cant access JIRA. When i try to access the JIRA link through the browser, nothing opens, just a blank page. Maybe i am not adding the correct values in crowd.properties file. The format of keys which i can see in my file is very different than the examples which have been given in the following link (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA).

2 answers

1 vote
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

Are you trying to log in with an internal account ? 

Once you enable the SSO, JIRA internal users will not be able to login.

Also, do you see any errors in the log file ? 

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Hi Mayuri, the following questions usually help to identify what's wrong with the SSO:

1. What are the URLs being used to access each application?
  2. What is the SSO Domain value stored in Crowd?
  3. Are both applications using the Crowd authenticator at their WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml files? Are all the configuration inside crowd.properties correct?
  4. How many Directories are assigned to each application in Crowd? If more than one, are they in the exact same order?
  5. Are proxy servers being used between Crowd and the applications? If so, please add their IP addresses to the Trusted Proxy Servers list in Crowd.

Additionally, you can check the logs with debug enabled to get more information about this issue:

1. Under Admin -> Logging & Profiling in Crowd, change the com.atlassian.crowd package to DEBUG.
  2. Replicate the problem you are having (Logoff from all the apps; Login to your third-party and then try to access JIRA; Logoff again from all the apps; Login to JIRA and then try to access your third-party app).
  3. Check the results into atlassian-crowd.log file.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events