How to get Crowd directories synchronized with Active directory automatically

Grant Paterson March 12, 2013

I need to get Crowd directories synchronized with Active directory when I make any changes in the accounts with in the AD. For example, if I change a password, how can I trigger Directory synchronization process? Is it possible to call synchronization through Crowd API?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

I suggest always delegating authentication, and leaving authorization to crowd. It will ensure real-time password changes are always reflected immediately, leaving your sync jobs for less frequent/critical aspects like group memberships and such.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Configuring+a+Delegated+Authentication+Directory

2 votes
Paul Vilevac October 9, 2015

I wish people would answer the question asked, instead of offering alternatives. 

Yes, we delegate auth as a pass through, but Crowd NOT automatically synching means JIRA doesn't see new users or groups which are critical for assignment, routing, etc.

Any ideas on how to ensure that Crowd synchronizes on schedule as configured? 

P

Glenn Watkins September 27, 2018

Was this resolved?

I have issues where users are systematically deactivated, I then reactivate them in the database and need Crowd and Active Directory to pick these changes up?

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated

0 votes
LL February 3, 2016

It doesn't happen automatically. You can set the Polling Interval by going to the "Directories" tab. Then locate your directory and hit "View". Next scroll down the list until you see "Polling Interval" and set the number of minutes. I have mine set to check for changes every 60 minutes.

To manually tell Crowd to update immediately, go to the "Directories" tab. Locate your directory in the list and hit "Synchronise".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events