How to Configure "Delegated Authentication Directory"

Grant Paterson March 21, 2013

I want to configure "Delegated Authentication Directory" to be able to have real-time changes in Active Directory reflected on Authentication. In other words, once a user chagnes his/her password, I do not want to need to synchronize Crowd Directory, and Crowd delegates authentiction to Active Directory, but the problem that I faced is that I when I use the same settings that I used for Connector Directory causes problem with this type of Crowd Directory. Event though I can search successfully, I can not update the settings and I got error message.

The other problems is that the configuration screen does not look like snapshot in the documentation of this type of directory configuration.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2014

Hi Grant,

I could only find this documentation for setting a delegated LDAP directory on crowd. Actually using the exact same setting for a delegated and a connector directory may be possible, but I believe it won't be good to use both directories for the same application in crowd.

If you want to use the delegated user directory, I would recommend to remove the connector directory from the same application window and set just the delegated user directory for that specific application.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events