How does Crowd count its licensed users ?

Julien Tognazzi June 13, 2013

Hi all,

We have a problem with our crowd instance, as it thinks we have more than 50 current users.

Can I see how Crowd does its counting ?

We must have a configuration issue as the end users are way below 50.

We configured 5 applications, all directories are set not to allow authentication.

Then we configured special groups for each app, but the users in the end are more or less the same.

I just recalculate and I found 26 users + 1 from the crowd internal directory + a couple of empty groups...

How can I troubeshoot this issue ?

Thank you.

Julien.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julien Tognazzi June 16, 2013

Thanks for all your comments.

I eventually found my error. We have two LDAP servers configured for the same directory, but we usually only use the groups from one.
For the latest application I added, I used the other one... and so it was counting the users twice.

Regards.

1 vote
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2013

Taking directly from Crowd's license doc page, it should be the total number of users that can log into each of the integrated applications. Are you counting per application?

Julien Tognazzi June 14, 2013
For each applications we have almost the same end users. So it can't be more than max 30. Unless some users are counted multiple times. But then it would be way more than 53..
0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2013

Might want to check out JRA-26520

0 votes
Julien Tognazzi June 13, 2013

I forgot to write our Crowd version is 2.4.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events