Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use a single login/signup page for all my Atlassian servers?

Mathew Benson December 5, 2018

I'm running Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible, and Bitbucket servers.  I have SSO setup, but is it not possible to have a single signup/login page for all of them? 

2 answers

1 vote
Marek Radochonski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2018

@Mathew Benson I just wanted to let you know that we are in the middle of the development of improved SSO in Crowd that will include common login page for all Atlassian on-premise applications. Stay tuned and watch the latest release messages about Crowd!

Mathew Benson December 7, 2018

Thanks.  That will really help.  I'm allowing self sign up, so its a little unrealistic to have to tell everybody to only sign up via a certain link.  I don't know who my users are until they sign up.  And its making user management very confusing when Confluence adds users to its internal database rather than Crowd.  There is no migration utility so I have to delete the Confluence user, readd them to Crowd, and have them reset their password.  That might be a different issue all together but it wouldn't be an issue if I just had a single sign up / login page.

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

YAY @Marek Radochonski !

CCM

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

It is possible, but it's extra work, as you'll have to integrate that into your SSO as well as the applications, and then your users will have to land there, log in, and click over to another system.

It is easier just to tell your users "just log into the one you need now, SSO will kick in when you click through to one of the others"

Mathew Benson December 7, 2018

I have all the servers integrated, with SSO, and with the graphical theme as common as I can make it, making the combination of Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible/Fisheye, Jira, and Bitbucket look like its one seemless tool.  The only difference now is the users login experience is different depending on which link they hit.  Ignoring that, the problem is really the signup page. 

I'm allowing self sign up, so I don't know who my users are until they've registered and created an account.  So I can't tell them to use a specific link.  I would be content with all the servers redirecting signup/login to one server.  The problem I'm running into now is that Confluence creates users in a different way the other services.  Maybe its a configuration problem.  I thought I had it setup so all the servers created new users on the Crowd directory, but I just noticed I had a bunch of users created in the local Confluence directory.  Because of that, they didn't have the groups that Crowd automatically assigns them, so they didn't have the same access that users created by the other servers had.  I'm still trying to figure out how to make it so Confluence creates the users in the Crowd directory, not the internal Confluence directory.

I understand its extra work.  Is that extra work documented anywhere?  I'm really not able to roll this out until that gets fixed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2018

I'd like a wrapper for all my tools - it's very common to see a site with a bar or landing page that then takes you off to various tools, and it would make so much sense to have that have a login as well.

It is something I'd like to do, but I've never had the time to even begin coding!  I suspect the easiest option is something that talks to Crowd directly, but I've not looked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events